Discussion Forum

Original Subject Posting

Rear Vents
Date Posted: 23 May 13 11:11
I have a lark number 1372 and there are two openings either side of where the tiller is mounted, should they be fitted with a cover as I have seen on other boats and if so are they an item i can purchase or should i just fabricate my own, thanks
Author: David Chorlton

Message ID: 2320

Replies to this subject

Rear Vents
Date Posted: 23 May 13 11:21

Depending on the size of the transom holes the tried and tested thing to use is flap of plastic taped to the transom on one edge just above the hole. The tape forms a hinge so that the flap opens with water pressure on the inside, but most of the time is sticks to the transom.

Some people have tried accetate, but this is not strong enough. I usually cut up a plastic folder like these ones:

Author: Harry Pynn

Reply ID: 6465

Back to Top

Rear Vents
Date Posted: 29 Jun 13 01:17
sailboats.co.uk do a universal kit, 39-2070 @ 9.15  
Author: Richard Foster

Reply ID: 6484

Back to Top

Rear Vents
Date Posted: 01 Jul 13 11:21
I just cover mine in gaffer tape from the outside, then kick/push it off if required. 
Author: John Knowles

Reply ID: 6485

Back to Top

© 2013 Lark Class Owners Association