Discussion Forum

Original Subject Posting

Change of Chair
Date Posted: 01 Mar 13 07:37
Today I have resigned as Chairman of the Lark Class Owners Association. It was becoming increasingly obvious that I could not fulfil my obligations as chairman whilst I reside in Hong Kong.

Vice chair James Ward takes over as acting chairman with immediate effect. I can think of no better person to steer the class during this time. He will be leading a young, dedicated and enthusiastic committee that I have been lucky enough to be involved with. Join them if you wish to be part of something special, as the class moves into an exciting period where implementation of new ideas are just around the corner.

I shall still be involved in the class, helping out the committee where possible. And ill be back in a lark in July for the not-to-be missed nationals at Felixstowe Ferry.

For now I'll have to do with Etchells sailing in Victoria Harbour.

Regards,
Dan
Author: Daniel Watson

Message ID: 2288

Replies to this subject

Change of Chair
Date Posted: 03 Mar 13 18:58
Dan, thanks for all your hard work and enthusiasm over the last few years. The hours you put in have not gone unnoticed (you made it a full time job) and we have you to thank for encouraging people to join the fleet.

Wardie, a brilliant choice! 
Author: Harry Pynn

Reply ID: 6410

Change of Chair
Date Posted: 06 Mar 13 22:41
Thank you for all of your hard work Dan. You have done a brilliant job!

Wardie - thanks for stepping up.  
Author: Steve Cumley

Reply ID: 6411

Change of Chair
Date Posted: 08 Mar 13 09:10
You've done a first class job, Dan, from a class perspective its a shame you spread the word quite so far. Look forward to seeing you when you return.

Author: Chris Biglin

Reply ID: 6412

© 2013 Lark Class Owners Association