Southport

Eluned

Posted: 20 Sep 04 10:52
Message ID: 190
Thanks to Simon for organising the LCOA team A. What a top weekend (although i am exhausted and bruised now). For those that didn't go, it was an awesome event and even Lark number 21 (bought on Friday on E-bay for 199) was there.
Congratulations to the uni teams that competed. We hope to see you all at the Nationals next year.

Simon

Posted: 20 Sep 04 01:06
Reply ID: 500
What a fantastic weekend that was. Southport at it's dubious best. Another case of if only's though - if only the wind direction had been a westerly...

It was a pleasure to work with such a dedicated elite team! Why didn't we win?!

So, from me, a big thanks to all the team especially to Kelsey (Super crew!) for crewing for me in Neil's absence.

For those of you that weren't there we had it all - 36 knot gusts at night, dead runs with huge gusts from any direction at night, destroyed blocks, shrouds parting from spreaders, snapped sheets, torn sails, a bent mast and even dentistry! But we finished, albeit, with a few spectacular capsizes.

My insurance premium is going to take a real battering. So, Steve, it's going to be in your new ship next year!

Cheers,
Si

ps. Congrats also to Lancaster and Leeds Uni's for finishing 2nd and 3rd.

Ruth

Posted: 20 Sep 04 06:10
Reply ID: 506
Dentistry is now complete....