Discussion Forum

Original Subject Posting

Mk 1 tunning info desparately req'd
Date Posted: 05 Aug 04 08:28
I have been trying to make my old Lark go and point better but have just managed to mess things up. I desperarely need the settings for a Mk 1 ie mast rake, rig tension, mast foot position, spreaders etc, etc. Can anybody help as the more I fiddle the slower I get and have no idea from where I started from to re-set.
Author: Neil 834

Message ID: 148

Replies to this subject

Date Posted: 06 Aug 04 10:07
Come along to our Short Course Weekend at Stewartby in August where there will be lots of people to give you tips on boat set-up. It'll be a great weekend and you will be bound to get loads of useful advice. 
Author: Eluned

Reply ID: 402

Date Posted: 10 Aug 04 09:10
Unfortunatly I am away on Hols that week otherwise I would be there.
So if any of the people who will be there to give advice on setup and tunning could give me some via the forum it would be greatly appriciated  
Author: Neil

Reply ID: 405

Date Posted: 10 Aug 04 07:19
A scanned copy of the tunning guide that was originally on this website is available at

http://www.cuckoos.eclipse.co.uk/Rigging/lark%20tunning%20guide.jpg

Hope this helps 
Author: Garry

Reply ID: 409

Date Posted: 14 Aug 04 09:36
Thanks for that info. I have now downloaded it and although it has a lot of useful info it dosn't contain any set up details, so i'm still looking. Any other places I could look or there must be someone who knows how to set a Mk1 up

Neil 

Reply ID: 413

Date Posted: 15 Aug 04 06:05
What exactly are you looking for? The scanned sheet contains the mast foot position, rake, rig tension, spreader lengths, deflection etc which used to be on this site prior to the ISP going bust.

Garry 

Reply ID: 414

Date Posted: 16 Aug 04 07:27
Garry
Thats exactly what I am looking for, but the document that I downloaded only has details about fittings, nothing about the actual set up. Have I perhaps got the wrong document, although it would appear to be the only one on the webb site?

Many thanks
Neil 

Reply ID: 415

Date Posted: 16 Aug 04 07:38
Garry

I have just revisited the web site and it is on there now, so I will download it, dont know where it was the other few times I logged on.

Thanks for your help, much appriciated

All I have to do now is replace the sails which are still the original ones from 1971 and somewhat lacking in shape

Neil  

Reply ID: 416

Date Posted: 17 Aug 04 07:54
The index has only just been updated. But if you'd followed the full link I'd posted you should have gone straight to the document and it would have saved you downloading a 13Mb file! Hope it helps. I know Simon has plans to put the tunning information back on the class website when he has time. 

Reply ID: 417

© 2013 Lark Class Owners Association