Discussion Forum

Original Subject Posting

Is this the oldest Lark in the world
Date Posted: 03 Aug 04 03:13
I am restoring Lark sail number 138 and wonder if this is the oldest one around.

It arrived on my driveway in a box of bits and i seem to have a mystery as to what goes where!

not telling you how much it cost....it will make you sick!
Author: Peter Reed

Message ID: 147

Replies to this subject

Date Posted: 03 Aug 04 03:26
Sorry - you can't claim it as the oldest. We have Lark 12 - yep that's number TWELVE - sailing regularly at Frensham. Can anyone beat this? 
Author: nick

Reply ID: 387

Date Posted: 03 Aug 04 05:06
I think number 8 is alive at Papercourt. 
Author:

Reply ID: 390

Date Posted: 03 Aug 04 11:06
oh well, worth a try!

we still like our boat very much 
Author: P

Reply ID: 394

Date Posted: 04 Aug 04 10:45
Hoping to bring Lark 40 to the short course champs. Rondar refurbished and strengthened both 40 and 168 for our club last winter - they look great inside.

Can anyone within reach of Wiltshire lend a double trailer for the August 20/21/22 weekend as we'd love to bring 2419 as well!

pat@pmj.me.uk 
Author: PJ

Reply ID: 396

Date Posted: 05 Aug 04 09:21
Pat,

We have a double trailer in Wiltshire that you can borrow as we can't make the short course champs as we will be in Canada. Give me a call on 01249 750540 tonight and we'll try and sort it out.

Nigel 
Author: Nigel Scott

Reply ID: 400

Date Posted: 12 Aug 04 12:50
Lark 12 arrived in a similar state in 1991 (no hog, hull and deck disconnected, holes in the sides, etc), probably at a similar price! A full refurbishment and we have been sailing her most weekends competitively at FPSC club level and less competitively at a couple of Nationals.

If you get stuck with what goes where my Dad Phil,the helm and rebuilding expert, may well be able to help. e-mail me at lwhitney@supanet.com and I can put you in touch. 
Author: Lynda - crew of Lark 12

Reply ID: 412

© 2013 Lark Class Owners Association