Discussion Forum

Original Subject Posting

PY for single-handed Lark sailing
Date Posted: 16 Jun 04 10:09
Is there anyone with a inkling of what a single-handed Lark's PY should be, assuming the spinnaker is not flown. Having been yelled at by a GP sailor last weekend for calling for water when, in his opinion, I couldn't be racing because a single-handed Lark doesn't have a PY (my crew had rebelled), I approached my RCS to request the sailing committee to declare one. The RCS is a Lark sailor too so he has a vested interest, but any advice would be appreciated. We're also thinking of running a single-handed Lark series. The enthusiasm of Northampton SC's new and growing Lark fleet knows no bounds!

PS. I used to be a GP sailor, maybe the individual in question was bitter at my leaving.
Author: Peter Travers Northampton SC

Message ID: 103

Replies to this subject

Date Posted: 16 Jun 04 10:45
In old money when the mirror was 146 a single-handed mirror was 144, but they were allowed to use a spinnaker...... 
Author: Becky

Reply ID: 284

Date Posted: 17 Jun 04 08:22
At Banbury SC we have a local PN for a S/H lark of 1060 (i think/i'm sure).

He beat me in very fickle conditions a few weeks ago, i must check the PDO's maths! 
Author: Stu

Reply ID: 285

Date Posted: 17 Jun 04 12:32
Barnt green have a formula. I'll find out what it is and post it up.... unless anybody else beats me to it. 
Author: Steve Cumley

Reply ID: 287

Date Posted: 18 Jun 04 09:14
We have a club rule that says double handed boats sailed single handed add 40 to their Prtsmouth handicap.  
Author: PJ

Reply ID: 288

© 2013 Lark Class Owners Association